Bras are delicate! In general, the rule of thumb is that the better you treat your bra, the better it will treat you.
The ideal way to care for your bra is to hand wash it and hang it to dry. Of course, we understand that not everybody’s lifestyle can accommodate this kind of care.
If you are going to put a bra in your washing machine, we recommend:
- use a delicate cycle only
- make sure that the hooks and eyes are snapped closed (otherwise they can snag the lace)
- Use a lingerie bag! This protects it from getting twisted up with your other garments. It also keeps the under wires from being distorted or bent out of shape.
- We discourage putting your bras in a drier, because heat tends to cause additional wear and tear to your bra.
- If you do use the dryer, use a low temperature setting. Many bras will dry rather quickly from hanging only.
- As far as what to wash your bra with, you can use any gentle wash. We highly recommend Eucalan, a lanolin no-rinse wash that you can find in the shop. We say that anything that you can safely use to wash your body you can use on your bras. (We even have known women to take a bra in to the shower and wash it with their shampoo!)
Ultimately the decision of how to care for your bras is up to you, but, the better care you take of your bra the longer your bra will take care of you!